Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Minibite: Lunch at EVOO


I spent the better part of 2011 working in the Cambridge Innovation Center, a hotbed of startups in Kendall Square, and there are a ridiculous amount of restaurants within a few blocks of the building. EVOO's right next door, attached to Za. I had been to the old EVOO location near Dali for a fantastic dinner a few years ago, but I figured it was time to try out the new location.

My mom came into town to meet me for lunch one day, and we both ordered the same dish, the Chinese box of mustard-glazed shrimp, sesame-hoisin braised beef, gingered vegetable-cashew salad, and organic brown rice. It comes served in a Chinese takeout box, but I missed taking a photo as the waiter ceremoniously dumped the food out onto the plate and removed the box from the table.

At $16, it's a pricey lunch, but it's light and delicious for a great once-in-awhile workday treat. (Bonus: EVOO uses a wide variety of local, sustainable, organic ingredients, and the space is LEED Gold Certified.)

EVOO on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails