Wednesday, August 4, 2010

A Quick Lunch at Zo

Quick to say, quick to serve, quick to eat!

Normally I don't venture out to Government Center for lunch as it's about a mile from my office, but today was a good day to catch up with an old friend who works around there. Due to a massive blister on my heel (ouch!), I hopped the T instead of walking, and it was a quick enough ride to Zo.

Gyros, wraps, spanakopita, dolmadakia, baklava - it's all there, ready to be eaten in the breezy, shady courtyard of Center Plaza. It's a perfect place to meet up with old friends to compare notes on love lost and found, our lives in the working world, and such. Note: if you have long hair, put it up. It's abnormally windy over here, probably due to the configuration of buildings, and getting a big bite of your own hair with your gyro is never fun...although better than someone else's hair, I suppose.

I've been searching for the perfect tomato, basil, and mozzarella sandwich for awhile. I haven't quite found it yet, but I do like variations on it at L'Aroma Cafe, Tealuxe, and Iggy's at the farmers' market. (Perhaps I should make this an official quest?) Zo's version is wrapped up in a pita...


...but not just any pita. So soft, so warm, so comforting. Swoon. The rest of the ingredients were good too, but I'm thinking I could probably survive quite some time solely on Zo's pitas from heaven.

If you're looking for something meatier, try the original gyro, which my friend gives an enthusiastic thumbs up.

FYI: Weekday lunch only. No dinner, no weekends.

Zo on Urbanspoon

3 comments:

  1. Have you tried the caprese sandwich at Dave's Fresh Pasta in Sommerville? That's my favorite :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a big fan of Zo's! I don't eat there often but sometimes their chicken gyro really hits the spot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Bianca - Oooh, I'll have to try it! I absolutely LOVE Dave's Fresh Pasta's fresh pasta (hehe), but I haven't tried anything else. In less than a month, I'm moving nearby! So excited!

    @Michelle - Yum! I think I'll try the original or the chicken one next time. The tomato-basil-mozzarella was great, but it didn't satiate my hunger for MEAT! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails