Friday, October 1, 2010

Chocolate Buffet (and Non-Chocolate Brunch) at the Langham

There's a chocolate buffet in Boston. That should really be all you need to know to get up, put on your coat, and head out the door right now. (Actually, stay where you are for now, unless today is Saturday - it's only available on Saturdays from 11am to 3pm, early September through late June.)

The folks at the Langham were nice enough to invite me to come by the Cafe Fleuri and gorge myself on their selection of chocolate goodies (as well as some of their Sunday brunch dishes...but I definitely used up most of my stomach space on the chocolate).

Here are some photos to make you drool:

Some kind of chocolate martini, probably from heaven

White Chocolate Strawberry Parfait (one of my favorites)

Manjari Pave with Fleur de Sel (salt and chocolate never fails to be delicious)

Raspberry Dome

Espresso-Soaked Opera Slice

Milk Chocolate Mousse with Passionfruit Curd (a little bit odd but very tasty - another favorite!)

Banana Meringue Tart with Crispy Bacon (Banana +Bacon = YES, as I have previously discovered at East Coast Grill.)


House-Smoked Maple Atlantic Salmon with Traditional Garnishes and Lavash

Maine Shrimp "Martini" with Boston Lettuce and Organic Tomatoes

Roasted Beets, Lakes End Goat Cheese, and Marcona Almond
The chocolate buffet is certainly not cheap at $38 for adults and $25 for children 4-12 years old. Sure, it's all-you-can-eat, but...well...it's all-you-can-eat. Probably not the healthiest idea. In any case, I would recommend this for a special occasion along the lines of a bachelorette party or a bridal shower. The Sunday brunch is $48 for adults and $25 for children. For both events, kids under 4 eat free.

Cafe Fleuri on Urbanspoon

Boston Restaurants

Disclaimer: I was invited to this tasting event along with other local food bloggers. All food and drinks were provided free of charge. This does not obligate me to write a positive review - or any review at all. The opinions expressed in this post and throughout the rest of the blog are honest and complete, regardless of the cost of food.

4 comments:

  1. I have been planning on going here for a while, and your pictures are making me want to set a date soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Salt + chocolate is indeed great, as anyone who has had the salt caramels at Burdick's can attest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my...I haven't been there, but now I think I need to give it a try!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails