Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Restaurant Review: Zoe's Gourmet Chinese Cuisine (CBS Boston)


I should already be a regular here. Zoe’s is a mere thirteen-minute walk from my door – less if I take the sketchy Fraggle Rock-painted tunnel from Somerville Avenue – and it is fantastic. I can’t believe it took me so long to try it out. I’d heard that Zoe’s serves fairly authentic Sichuan and Hunan cuisine, two types of Chinese food that tend towards the hot and spicy side, my favorite. Due to its proximity and promise of spiciness, I had a good feeling about it.

When my boyfriend and I walked in late on a Monday night, it was completely empty, which made us a bit uneasy, but it was an odd time for dinner, after all. The location is fairly hidden as well; Zoe’s takes up residence on the stretch of Beacon St. where you can find Petsi Pies, Pho ‘n Rice, and R.F. O’Sullivan’s, probably the busiest part of the neighborhood but still relatively unknown to outsiders.


Read the rest of my article over on CBS Boston.

More photos:



Zoe's Gourmet Chinese Cuisine on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails