Friday, August 1, 2008

About the Bloggers: Ben Margolis

Mmm, fish face.


Yes, there are some stories that I'm too ashamed to tell. For everything else, there's Food in Unusual Places.

Because here's the thing: I love meat.

I grew up in New York City, where there's steaming hot dogs on every corner. When I got to work downtown, I realized that there are also carts with Middle Eastern halal rice and kabobs, dripping with flavor. Then I went to college in Rochester, where I found out that hot dogs and sausages are grilled, and not just at festivals! Visiting my friends in the East Village back in the City, I came to find vegetarian trucks and a dessert truck. Have you ever been to Portland, OR? They have food trucks covering every ethnicity, and Cambridge, MA has some too. Luckily, my new job as of Summer 2008 is in Cambridge, near the MIT food trucks.

How am I still alive? I have a stomach of steel. And huge biceps. Hey, the protein has to go somewhere, right?

I promise to use my stomach for the greater good: to bring you the most delicious, inexpensive, innovative food from the unlikeliest of places.


Ben's Posts:
Food in Unusual Places: Villa Mexico Maximizes Real Estate in Beacon Hill
Food in Unusual Places: Rolls Done Right at Beijing Tokyo Sushi Bar

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails