Saturday, February 14, 2009

Minibite: Valentine's Day Cupcakes!


Happy Valentine's Day!  I baked some cupcakes for the occasion.  I looked up a bunch of interesting heart-themed recipes on Martha Stewart's website but they were a little too ambitious for me and would have required a trip to the store.  I already had cake mix and frosting just waiting to be used.  I would have liked to make something heart-shaped and/or pink, but these cupcakes were delicious anyway, so it doesn't really matter.

 Do you want to make these?  Here's your recipe...

*1 box of cake mix (I used Betty Crocker's SuperMoist Yellow Cake Mix) - You'll also need butter, water, and eggs.  The mix I used required one stick of butter and three eggs.

*1 container of frosting (I used Pillsbury chocolate frosting with funfetti)

*Cupcake pan and baking cups

Follow the instructions on the cake mix box, let cool, add frosting.  That's it!  It's embarrassingly easy, but they taste great :)

Click photos to enlarge...
Valentine's Day Cupcakes
Valentine's Day Cupcakes
Valentine's Day Cupcakes
Valentine's Day Cupcakes

If you're feeling more ambitious, check out Martha Stewart's ideas.  She goes far beyond basic cookies and cupcakes.

2 comments:

  1. I think your cupcakes are beautiful! Love the sprinkles!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I think I actually put more effort into taking the photos than making the cupcakes...I feel a little guilty using the cake mix and ready-made frosting, so next time maybe I'll try making them from scratch :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails