Thursday, August 11, 2011

Tomato and Goat Cheese Wonton Cups with Balsamic Glaze

The title really has all the information you need to make this ultra-simple appetizer!


I got cherry tomatoes in my CSA today, which led me to make these. I ended up eating the whole batch, accompanied by a nice cold bottle of Unibroue Éphémère, while watching The Piano on Netflix. I can't believe I had made it through 20+ years as a pianist without watching this movie.

By the way, these are obviously extremely customizable. Have fun! I think some fresh basil would have tasted great with the tomatoes and goat cheese.



Tomato and Goat Cheese Wonton Cups with Balsamic Glaze
Serving: 12 cups


Ingredients

  • 12 cherry tomatoes
  • Goat cheese (lots!)
  • Balsamic glaze (It can usually be found in the same aisle as balsamic vinegar.)
  • 12 wonton wrappers
  • Fresh basil (optional)
Instructions
  1. Pre-heat the oven to 375F.
  2. Grease a muffin pan.
  3. Put a wonton wrapper in each cup of the muffin pan.
  4. Bake the wrappers for five minutes.
  5. Take the muffin pan out of the oven and put in all of the fillings. (You can add the glaze now or at the end; it's up to you!)
  6. Bake for another three to five minutes.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails