I got cherry tomatoes in my CSA today, which led me to make these. I ended up eating the whole batch, accompanied by a nice cold bottle of Unibroue Éphémère, while watching The Piano on Netflix. I can't believe I had made it through 20+ years as a pianist without watching this movie.
By the way, these are obviously extremely customizable. Have fun! I think some fresh basil would have tasted great with the tomatoes and goat cheese.
Tomato and Goat Cheese Wonton Cups with Balsamic Glaze
Serving: 12 cups
- 12 cherry tomatoes
- Goat cheese (lots!)
- Balsamic glaze (It can usually be found in the same aisle as balsamic vinegar.)
- 12 wonton wrappers
- Fresh basil (optional)
- Pre-heat the oven to 375F.
- Grease a muffin pan.
- Put a wonton wrapper in each cup of the muffin pan.
- Bake the wrappers for five minutes.
- Take the muffin pan out of the oven and put in all of the fillings. (You can add the glaze now or at the end; it's up to you!)
- Bake for another three to five minutes.