Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Strange Supermarket Finds

After attending a weekend wedding in Florida, Joel and I returned yesterday looking to make a very light dinner after devouring hamburger cupcakes and other assorted wedding food for the last four days.

We walked to the Porter Square Shaw's in the smoky haze (thanks, Canada.) First, we went searching for veggies. Hooray! They had arugula for a change. But wait...


One of these arugulas seems to be lying to us. A whole bunch of baby spinach packages appeared to be mislabeled. We grabbed a package of the more familiar ruffly arugula and moved on to dairy, where we found the worst (or maybe the best?) store brand imitation ever.


(Bonus Chuck Norris joke: Chuck Norris can believe it's not butter.)

So, it was a fun Shaw's trip.

Bonus strange supermarket find from a visit to Super 88 a few months ago:


We've been thinking of using it as a base for matzoh ball soup.

3 comments:

  1. that butter made my day! thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was standing there laughing hysterically. The other butter shoppers must have thought I was a lunatic :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah yes, cock soup never fails to delight. I chuckle every time I see it. That's my grocery store, too, I'll have to search out the butterific next time I go :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails