Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Roast Beast (2 Dine For Boston)


When I was a kid, my parents and I would often go out for delicious roast beef sandwiches at the now-defunct Mur-Mac’s Roast Beef, a dark and grungy yet beloved institution in Stoughton, MA that also featured fries and soft-serve ice cream. (It was even one of my first drives after getting my learner’s permit.) Somewhere along the way, we started calling roast beef “roast beast.” I’m not sure where we picked up the phrase, although apparently a “roast beast” makes an appearance in How the Grinch Stole Christmas, so maybe we read it there.

When a new restaurant called Roast Beast opened in Allston, it triggered immediate nostalgia, and I knew I had to try it out. One strangely warm afternoon in January – warm enough that Joel biked over from Somerville – we met our editor, Kevin, at Roast Beast for a roast beef feast. Turns out we’d just missed dynamic blogging and catering duo The Skinny Beet, made up of Katie (The Small Boston Kitchen) and Richard (Boston Burger Blog). It was a bloggerific day at the Beast!


Read my full "she said" review, along with Joel's "he said" review, at 2 Dine For Boston.

Roast Beast on UrbanspoonSee my favorite dishes on Tasted Menu

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails