Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Trina's Starlite Lounge (2 Dine For Boston)


Hot dogs! Cocktails! I return to Trina’s again and again: a comforting late night snack after a frustrating day, a meeting spot for drinks with friends, an embarrassingly early dinner with my parents. Trina’s does comfort food well, classing it up with a snazzy cocktail list; it occupies the same chamber of my heart and stomach as Highland Kitchen.

The hot dogs are the best I’ve had, taking the key characteristics of my favorite childhood hot dog (Bliss Dairy, Sharon, Massachusetts – no burn marks, please!) and improving upon them. The bun is the classic New England style, white on the sides and golden-brown along the edges. Buttered and lightly toasted, of course. The dogs are incredibly juicy, split end to end for the easy addition of condiments, if you choose. No condiments for me; I don’t practice safe hot dogging. The plain griddled dog is just $3; pair it with an order of fries or onion rings (both delicious and a good size for sharing with one or two others). I often accompany mine with an Arugula and Spinach Salad, a mountain of greens garnished with goat cheese, pepitas, and balsamic. Simple and wonderful.


Read my full "she said" review, along with Joel's "he said" review, at 2 Dine For Boston.

More photos:



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails