Monday, March 19, 2012

Walking to Barton Springs (Fork it over, Austin! - Part 25)

Another food-less post. Sorry.

On the beautifully sunny last day of the trip, I decided to take a walk out to Barton Springs. Here are some of my favorite photos from the walk (on which I spent some time pestering birds and squirrels with the zoom lens I hardly use, met my pseudo-doppelganger, and saw even more examples of Austin's happy graffiti.)

Nature:







Structures and graffiti:












And my doppelganger! Well, not really, but basically I was approached by a photographer who asked if he could borrow me for a minute. Turns out he was a with another photographer; she and I were wearing the same color shirt and both carrying large cameras and large black camera bags, so we did a quick photo shoot. Fun! (The first photo below is by Marco Guiterrez. Check out his work.)



Barton Springs itself is nice, but it was extremely crowded, so I just quickly waded into an area set off from the main pool. (Kind of chilly!) I didn't take any photos because there were a lot of people walking around in bathing suits, and I didn't want to be a creep. It's a pretty place, though; definitely worth checking out!

Other posts in the Fork it over, Austin! series:
Part 1: Whip In
Part 2: Foreign & Domestic
Part 3: Caffe Medici
Part 4: Walking Along SoCo and Lunching at Chi'Lantro
Part 5: The Capitol, UT Austin, and Lunching (Again) at Torchy's Tacos
Part 6: Museum of the Weird
Part 7: Uchi
Part 8: East Side King at The Grackle
Part 9: Franklin Barbecue
Part 10: Flagship Whole Foods and My First Green Smoothie
Part 11: Late Night Pizza at Via 313
Part 12: Kebabalicious
Part 13: My Robotic Kitchen Planned This Dinner Party
Part 14: Papi Tino's
Part 15: Annie's Cafe & Bar
Part 16: The Peached Tortilla
Part 17: Cupcake Quest: Hey Cupcake!
Part 18: Arancini
Part 19: The DeLorean, Boxing Robots, and Roller Derby Pillow Fights
Part 20: Second Bar + Kitchen
Part 21: Tia Kelly's Navajo Tacos
Part 22: Hopdoddy Burger Bar
Part 23: Gourdough's
Part 24: The Ice Cream Social
Part 26: Izzos Tacos

I'm also posting daily recaps on the Tasted Menu blog, FOOD=LOVE:
Day 1: A First Taste of Austin
Day 2: Tons of Tacos, Sushi at Uchi, and a Late Night Trip to East Side King
Day 3: Early Morning Barbecue and Late Night Pizza
Day 4: Globetrotting: Kebabs, Enchiladas, Pommes Frites
Day 5-6: Meeting and Eating

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails